EMBRACING CHANGE ~ October 7-9, 2022
Welcome mamas! We are so excited to retreat with you!
As you know, the theme of this retreat is “Embracing Change” so we’ll be spending time opening to change, releasing the old, and welcoming the new in order to source from our most grounded and nourished selves. Throughout the weekend, we’ll engage in a series of activities, rituals and practices to help facilitate this. Come with an open heart and ready to invite transformation.
Below you will find information on carpooling, arrival details, tent assignments, daily schedule, packing list, our mama altar, local COVID regulations and emergency info.
NOTE: The following information may shift in the weeks before the retreat, so please do not print until 3 days prior to retreat commencement.
Friday Arrival | Oct 7, 2022
Check-in is from 2:00 – 3:00pm on 10/7/22. Feel free to arrive within that time period to get settled into your cabins. We will begin orientation and opening circle at 3:00pm. Please let us know if you will be arriving later by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you plan to arrive on time but you’re late due to traffic/other events on the day of arrival, please text Rachel Lanton at 719.239.1712.
1042 County Road 112
Florissant, CO 80816
The dual cabin property is about 1.5 hours from Denver, located at 1042 & 1044 County Road 112 in Florissant, Colorado. Below are directions from Colorado Springs.
– Take Hwy 24 West (35 miles through Woodland Park and Divide)
– Turn left onto Twin Rocks Road just past Divide (6 miles to County Rd 1)
– Turn left onto County Road 1 (6 miles to County Rd 11)
– Turn Right onto County Road 11 (4 miles to County Rd 112)
– Turn Right onto County Road 112 (1.1 miles to lane entry)
– Entry to drive lane is on the left. There are vertical wood pilings with 1042 and 1044 after a colored picket fence. This is the drive lane. When you get to the top of the drive lane, there is a ‘Y’, 1042 is the left and 1044 is to the right.
PLEASE COME TO 1042 FIRST TO RECEIVE YOUR ROOM ASSIGNMENT AND INSTRUCTIONS.
- The “Main” entrance is to the right of the garage at both cabins. There is a Smart Lock Keypad on the door for each.
- The code to the Smart Lock for 1042 is 0925
- The code to the Smart Lock for 1044 is 1925
- When you enter the codes, you need to turn the dead bolt to unlock the doors. They don’t unlock automatically.
- Please use caution as there could be ice or snow on the roof above that can fall and footing may be slick from ice or snow as well.
When you arrive you will not have cellular service. To be able to utilize the WiFi for calling/service purposes, please enable WiFi Calling on your device prior to arriving at the property. You will then be able to connect to the WiFi and use your device as you please.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling.
- Turn on Add Wi-Fi Calling For Other Devices.
- Go back to the previous screen, then tap Calls on Other Devices.
- Turn on Allow Calls on Other Devices if it’s not on. …
- Turn on each device that you want to use with Wi-Fi Calling.
If you would like (or are open) to carpool and are not matched with anyone yet, please email email@example.com and we’ll do our best to find you a companion.
We have 16 confirmed retreat participants across two cabins! This is going to be a magical time to create community and connection. Please refer to the following cabin/bed assignments and let us know if there are any concerns:
|CABIN A – 1042|
|Christine||Dove||Single bunk – Top||Room A|
|Elisa||Mack||Full bunk – bottom||Room A|
|Celeste||Adams||Queen||Basement – Room B|
|Tiffany||Grimm||Sofa bed/airbed||Basement Living Room C|
|Jill||Raney||Full bunk – Bottom||Basement Living Room C|
|Jennifer||Prokopchik||Full bunk – Top||Basement Living Room C|
|Jessica||Fandel Soderberg||King – shared||Basement – Room D|
|Johnna||Flood||King – shared||Basement – Room D|
|Emily||Mertz||King – shared||Loft|
|Anna||Burmeister||King – shared||Loft|
|CABIN B – 1044|
|Robyn||Thayer||Full Futon||Room A|
|Brittany||Ubben||Single – Twin||Loft|
|Kelly||Fontaine||Single – Twin Trundle||Loft|
Schedule subject to change.
|Check-in||2:00 PM||3:00 PM|
|Orientation||3:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Walk the land||5:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Dinner||6:30 PM||8:00 PM|
|Intention setting/Bonfire||8:30 PM||10:00 PM|
|Chill Time or bed||10:00 PM|
|Breakfast||8:00 AM||9:00 AM|
|Yoga & Meditation||9:00 AM||10:30 AM|
|Hike||11:00 AM||12:30 PM|
|Lunch||12:30 PM||2:00 PM|
|Art Inspiration – Workshop with Robyn Thayer||2:30 PM||4:30 PM|
|Free Time or evening walk’n’wine||4:30 PM||6:00 PM|
|Dinner||6:30 PM||8:30 PM|
|Full moon circle/ritual||8:30 PM||10:00 PM|
|Chill Time or bed||10:00 PM|
|Breakfast||7:00 AM||8:00 AM|
|Movement, Closing Ceremony||8:00 AM||10:00 AM|
|Prepare and pack||10:00 AM||11:00 AM|
A beautiful menu of vegetarian marvel will await you at this retreat. Chef Sarah Gordon of Revolution in the Kitchen will be our personal chef throughout the weekend and will delight us with her culinary creations. If you have any allergies, please note them on this spreadsheet: Food Allergies and Restrictions
Menu will be posted HERE when it becomes available.
Art Inspiration Workshop with Robyn Thayer
We are excited to announce this is the first retreat we have a high-end artist and expert guest mama joining us to lead us through a collage art project to express our highest intentions for this next phase of change.
Robyn Thayer has been making the world a more appealing place as a beauty maker and story teller since her first smile. Her maternal grandmother was instrumental in developing Robyn as a crafter and her paternal grandmother taught her how to dig into the Earth. Following suit, her mother and father provided her respectively with glue, wiggly eyes, dirt, and seeds.
Growing up in the magical woods and waters of the Northern Midwest, much of her childhood was spent in her fabulous imaginary world, either at her crafting table or outside, in a boat, fort, or flower bed -where dreams, sky, and wind all caressed her with their lavish secrets and plans. Today she still spends her summers next to a Wisconsin lake where much of her imagery comes from, while digging her hands into the natural world and playing all summer long. Winters are spent on a Mountaintop in her Colorado studio, translating her summer treasures into paint.
Her art education is informal and profuse; a daily act. Robyn is a prolific artist and she has a wide array of interests such as, quilting, embroidery, poetry, meditation, and gardening, which feed her painting style. Robyn’s favorite artwork is large in scale and she prefers to use acrylics, water-soluble graphite and crayons, to create representational, contemporary abstract paintings. In this way she is able to convey a dreamlike quality- reflecting the innocence and grandeur of where the private inner world and the wild outside meet.
Each participant will go home with a self-completed finished 4 x 4“ canvas tile.
We will discuss/explore:
- The importance of light and dark and seasons of life through the use of light and shadow in art
- The juice of what is hidden what is revealed in collage
- What we cut away and join together in the making of collage like in the making of a life
- Using form/shape as a container
$20 per participant in addition to retreat tuition
We will finish our closing circle by 11:00am on Sunday, October 9, 2022.
Please bring anything and everything that makes you feel beautiful, nourished and rested!
Florissant is located at around 8,300 feet elevation where the weather can be unpredictable. Days can be warm, while evenings can be cold (like beanie and down jacket cold). And October is always unpredictable as we know. Please bring LOTS OF LAYERS plan accordingly. Here are some starter ideas:
- Hiking shoes/boots
- Sun hat and beanie
- Light jacket and down jacket
- Yoga pants/tanks/tees
- Swimsuit, towel, sandals – in case we find a swimming hole or river
- Robe and slippers for lounging if you wish
- Pajamas and day clothes
- Any clothing or accessories that make you feel beautiful and amazing
- Water bottle
- Yoga mat – Please don’t forget this!
- Journal and pen
- A bottle of wine or other beverage to share if you wish
- Cash for staff tips and anything else you may want to buy
- Altar items (see below)
We will have a central altar for the retreat so we ask each of you to bring 2 special things:
- A token/item that represents this time in your life or a certain transformation you’re undergoing to put on the altar (this can be a piece of jewelry, artifact, art, photo, etc.). You will take this back home with you
- An organic item that you’d like to add to the offering we make at the end of the retreat (this can be a leaf, flower, wood, thread, ashes, etc.) This offering is customary after we’ve done some soulful healing work throughout the weekend and we will offer it either to the earth or to the fire. You may also opt to find your offering on the retreat land.
Teller county COVID-19 restrictions and business policies can be reviewed here. As stated in the terms and conditions, MMM respects every woman’s autonomy to select the most appropriate immunization approach for her body and her health. Vaccinations are not mandatory and mask wearing will be optional at the Retreat. All mamas should feel empowered to listen to their own bodies and protect themselves as needed should they feel at risk during the Retreat. To honor the times we are in, you will be asked to sign a COVID-19 waiver upon arrival to ensure you have 1) not tested positive, 2) have not been exposed in the preceding two weeks, OR 3) have been vaccinated.
The nearest hospital is UCHealth Pikes Peak Regional Hospital if you’d like to investigate further.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
See you soon!