SPARK YOUR MAGIC ~ MAY 5-7, 2023
Welcome mamas! We are so excited to retreat with you!
As you know, the theme of this retreat is “Spark Your Magic” so we’ll be spending time igniting our passions, tuning into our sensual nature, and co-creating our path forward with renewed vitality and invigoration. Throughout the weekend, we’ll engage in a series of activities, rituals and practices to help facilitate this. Come with an open heart and ready to invite transformation.
Below you will find information on carpooling, arrival details, room assignments, daily schedule, packing list, our mama altar, local COVID regulations and emergency info.
NOTE: The following information may shift in the weeks before the retreat, so please do not print until 3 days prior to retreat commencement.
Friday Arrival | May 5, 2023
Hike 12:00 – 2:00pm at Garden of the Gods
We will meet at Garden of the Gods Trading Post for a hike from 12-2pm. The hike is optional but we’d love to have you if you can make it! We’ll drive to the lodge thereafter to get settled into your rooms.
Arrival to the Lodge 2:30 – 3:30pm
Opening circle will take place at the lodge at 3:30pm. Please try to be on time as the opening circle is an important part of the retreat journey. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns about timing. If you plan to arrive on time but you’re late due to traffic/other events on the day of arrival, please text Rachel Lanton at 719.239.1712.
Onaledge Historic Lodge at Sun Mountain Center
336 El Paso Blvd, Manitou Springs, CO 80829
Phone: (719) 338-1527
The Onaledge Historic Lodge is situated about 90 minutes from Denver and just a few minutes from downtown Manitou Springs, adjacent to beautiful Garden of the Gods National Park. It is fairly easy to find, and you’ll need to make it up the windy driveway to the entrance.
TBD – more info to follow.
If you would like (or are open) to carpool and are not matched with anyone yet, please email email@example.com and we’ll do our best to find you a companion.
A beautiful menu of vegetarian marvel will await you at this retreat. Chef Sarah Gordon of Revolution in the Kitchen will be our personal chef throughout the weekend and will delight us with her culinary creations.
She can answer any questions regarding ingredients + food preparation Friday at the retreat. The menu will be created to accommodate all food allergies and needs. Superfoods menu with the intention of deep nourishment aligned with the spring/summer seasons. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
Spark Your Magic Workshop – TBD
We will finish our closing circle by 11:00am on Sunday, May 7, 2023.
Please bring anything and everything that makes you feel beautiful, nourished and rested!
Manitou Springs should be beautiful at this time of the year but as always, in Colorado, be prepared for all weather! Bring your spring wear, and also clothing to keep you warm (like beanie and jacket just in case). Garden of the Gods is incredible so if you’re planning to hike, be prepared to protect yourself from the sun. And check the weather the day before as well 🙂 Here are some starter ideas:
- Hiking shoes/boots
- Sun hat and beanie
- Light jacket and down jacket
- Yoga pants/tanks/tees
- Swimsuit, towel, sandals – in case we find a swimming hole or river
- Robe and slippers for lounging if you wish
- Pajamas and day clothes
- Any clothing or accessories that make you feel beautiful and amazing
- Water bottle
- Yoga mat and any yoga accessories – Please don’t forget this!
- Journal and pen
- A bottle of wine or other beverage to share with the circle
- Cash for staff tips and anything else you may want to buy in town
- Altar items (see below)
We will have a central altar for the retreat so we ask each of you to bring 2 special things:
- A token/item that represents this time in your life or a certain transformation you’re undergoing to put on the altar (this can be a piece of jewelry, artifact, art, photo, etc.). You will take this back home with you
- An organic item that you’d like to add to the offering we make at the end of the retreat (this can be a leaf, flower, wood, thread, ashes, etc.) This offering is customary after we’ve done some soulful healing work throughout the weekend and we will offer it either to the earth or to the fire. You may also opt to find your offering on the retreat land.
TBD closer to date.
The nearest hospital is Centura Penrose Hospital if you’d like to investigate further.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.