MOTHERS MOVING MOUNTAINSABOUT THE LEADER
Hi, I’m Tiffany.
I am a mother, I love to move, and I love the mountains. And for as long as I can remember I’ve always been on a mission to move mountains. But this time, these mountains of social, economical and cultural transformation are bigger than me, and I realize I can’t do it alone.
I’ve always been a bridger of gaps – between languages, between cultures, between realms. My fire gets stoked when I have an opportunity to connect people deeper to their truth, to each other, and to their innate creativity. Through these connections, I believe that we can build a supportive and vibrant future for ourselves and our children.
The mountains are my sanctuary and I feel my best when my feet are in the earth and my eyes are on the moon. But don’t be fooled, as you might see me running a mean game of pickup basketball at the gym, dancing kizomba with my handsome man, or having a margarita, (on the rocks with salt, of course), at happy hour.
My parents taught me to live fully, and to be disciplined. I seek balance, just like most of us. And although I don’t have it all figured out, I’ve learned a few things in my 40+ years of life that feel worthy enough to share, and I intend to learn more in the company of this amazing community of women.
MY LIFE PHILOSOPHY REVOLVES AROUND A FEW CORE BELIEFS…
MAKE IT SACRED
All things worth doing, start with intention. Intention and recognition make the mundane aspects of life more meaningful and inspirational.
START FROM THE INSIDE
Creating harmony in the world starts with doing so within ourselves. Complaining does nothing if you’re not willing to positively influence circumstance.
FIND YOUR UNIQUE RHYTHM
Look to the seasons, the elements, the moon cycles, the sun, and the stars – rhythm and music are everywhere. The challenge is to find the song that makes you move, every single day.
PLAY THE EDGE
Living life “outside of the box” creates the capacity for growth and the courage to rise above who we think we are and where we think we’re going.
TRUST IN YOUR POWER
Only you know your truth. Look to others for guidance and support, but always know in your heart that you have all the answers you need.
Mothers Moving Mountains was born out of my devotion to maintaining sovereignty in the quest of motherhood, the desire to cultivate an unwavering sisterhood of support and love, and the longing to influence a compassionate and accepting social circle that empowers my son to thrive and realize his wildest dreams. While I currently serve as Senior Director of Learning and Development for EXOS – a company dedicated to ‘getting you ready for the moments that matter most’ – Mothers Moving Mountains is profoundly influenced by decades of study in indigenous earth wisdom, alternative healing, shamanism, sports medicine, athletics, performance coaching, and elite yoga instruction. I’ve been leading retreats for the past two decades and have always been inspired by the power of immersion in Mother Nature, Pachamama herself, with diverse human beings that reflect the best in each other. This is where the magic is.
NONESSENTIAL FUN FACTS
- I was captain of my Division I college basketball team
- I completed two 600-mile expedition adventure races, one with a team of Navy SEALS.
- I traveled most of my twenties, filling up two passports, and visiting 25 countries.
- I spent two months in the rainforest with the elder shamans of the second most indigenous tribe in the Amazon.
- I started writing poetry when I was eight years old – logging over 28 journals to date.
- My mother’s lineage is Wolffgang – hence Wolf is one of my spirit animals and I love to lead.
- I still have a crush on my fiance, Aaron.
- In my next life, I’m going to be a professional dancer… or a whale.
- BS, Sports Medicine, Pepperdine University, 1997-2001
- Physical Therapy Technician, 2002-2004
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer, 2000-2008
- RYT-500 Hatha Yoga Instructor, 2007-present
- Merchandising Manager, Anusara Yoga, 2006-2010
- Co-Founder of Awakening Avalon, 2012
- Founder of Thrive Optimal Performance, 2013
- Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer– 2000-2015
- Performance Specialist– Intel/EXOS, 2013-2014
- Yoga instructor for professional athletes – 2014-present
- Founder, One Indigenous Heart – Amazon Quests, 2016
- Solutions Manager, EXOS, 2014-2019
- Director of Recovery – EXOS, 2019-2021
- Sr. Director of Learning and Development – EXOS, 2021 – present
- Retreat Leader – Root Adventures – present
- South American shamanism and indigenous traditions, 2003-present
- Physical therapy training (clinical and yoga therapeutics), 2003-2010
- Indian philosophical studies, 2005-2011
- Hatha Yoga teacher training and therapeutics – 2007-2010
- Celtic shamanism and priestess traditions, 2011-present
- Tom Brown Tracker School – Vision Quest Participant, 2012
- Embodied Arts movement therapy – 2012
- High Priestess Initiate, Awakening Avalon – 2011-2013
- Shamanic Medicine Wheel Full Mesa Carrier- (Q’ero Tradition – Peruvian Andes) – 2021-present
- AIHR Learning & Development Certification – 2022
- 15Five Best-Self Management Certification – 2021